So our baby shower was a DELIGHT! It was fantastic seeing everyone! Lilly got a whole slew of clothes, diapers, wipes and other goodies... We had some good snacks...veggie tray, chocolate cake with strawberry mousse filling, and sugar cookies I made...nothing fancy just something to snack on. Now we just have to put it all away. The clutter in her room tells me more and more about her NOT being able to come home yet. Amanda, my co-worker made her a john deere blanket..so now thanks to Crystal and Amanda, Lilly has two john deere blankets! Thanks guys! :) Some of the guests included: Elisha, Shauns mom and grandma, my BFF Shawna, her sister Tonya, Jennifer (friend of Shawna and Tonyas), Amanda(co-worker)(she was the only one invited from my work and that tells ya alot!) Casey (softball mom), Becci (long time friend, and Erics girlfriend), her sister Emily, and Dana (friend and wife of Shauns long time friend Shannon). Some kids showed too and I loved it...kids kinda make a baby shower :) So I thank everyone for coming and celebrating Lilly coming :) We missed those who couldn't make it.
We now have 12 days until Lilly gets to join the world. I have my c-section planned and scheduled with the hospital. January 28th, 2010 @ 7:30 A.M.! We have to be there at 5 A.M! We will call people and let them know how everything is and probably won't post any pics until I get home from the hospital, unless Shaun takes one with his phone and forwards them. They still have the STUPID rule, only 2 guests allowed at the hospital and no one under 18! The girls are bummed, but understanding...
Until next time....
i'm so happy to hear that you had a great day! and that now you have more stuff to wash, put away and reorganize. that should hold off the anxiousness at least a little bit! as soon as she gets here, you'll feel like your pregnancy was so short! can't wait to see you all in a few short weeks!!! loves.
ReplyDeleteShaun and I finalized Lilly's room last night! We hate procrastinating but we are both so good at it! :) It seems like it has been 3 years! We washed and put stuff away and made lillys bed with her john deere blanket her bestest aunt made and it finally looks like a nursery! I told Shaun we needed to have it done cause it could happen anytime!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for you guys to come and visit! Just imagine what this summer will bring, I want to make more "together time" for us and the kids. We love you guys and miss you!